The Fraunhofer IMS is at the cutting edge of MEMS-, nano-, and biosensor-technology, which combines traditional CMOS technology with innovative post-processed bio- and nanostructures.
In the last decade, the semiconductor technology has been seeing a new trend, called »More than Moore«, where added values to silicon-based devices are provided by incorporating new functionalities.
The ability to interface biological elements and silicon-based devices offers the opportunity to propose fully integrated solutions for biosensors. Biohybrid systems – i.e. BioMEMS and BioCMOS, microfabrication and microelectronic technologies suitable for biological applications – have great potential for miniaturized biosensors, microchip arrays or portable Point-of Care Testing (POCT) applications.
- Customized biosensor systems (e.g. glucose, lactate)
- Markerless and quantitative sensor technology
- Real-time monitoring in body fluid
- Customized electrochemical sensor technology
- Immuno sensor technology
- Application specific packages and tests